This is a constant struggle for most people. These days, we are often pulled in several different directions and learning how to balance our work and life is a key component in emotional well-being.
Here are 9 Tips on how to manage your work and life:
- Recognize when you are overloaded. Some indicators include chronic lateness, clumsiness, forgetfulness, irritability, and difficulty sleeping.
- Know where your time is going. Get a planner, calendar, scheduler, etc. and make to-do lists.
- Understand your priorities. Look at your calendar. Is what you say is your priority reflected in your schedule? Your calendar doesn’t lie.
- Ask for help, both at home and at work. Hire out help at home if you can. Discuss with work options for flex time.
- Use but don’t abuse technology. Know when to turn it off. Limit yourself in the evenings to 30 minutes on the internet/checking emails. Better yet, keep it off until morning.
- Manage dinner time. Some time saving strategies include cooking once and eating twice, using your crockpot, or having breakfast for dinner.
- Take care of you. Eat well, sleep enough, have some fun.
- Love, or at least like, what you do.